I want to introduce everyone to two new babies who were due Feb. 13 and Feb. 14 (my bday), but both decided to make their entrances a bit early.
Stephanie and Clea are both proud new mommies and the best of running buddies in Austin. Jill (who, by the way, just had a baby of her own on December 31) and I ran our first 50k at the race where Stephanie and Clea ran their first 50 miler. We all did it to raise money for the LAM Foundation. (Stephanie has LAM, but has not let it stand in her way of anything.)
(Jill, Clea, Stephanie, Me - Sunmart 2005)
Amelia Rose Kalahurka was born January 14 and finally got to go home last week.
Look at that little tummy - just about the cutest thing in the world!!
I will start taking bets on how long it is before they are both hitting Town Lake with the babies in jogging strollers, and when their first race back will be. Even 8 months pregnant, Clea was still running faster than I ever will! I thoroughly enjoyed their stories throughout their pregnancies of running including the frequent bathroom stops and other adjustments that had to be made.Perhaps my favorite part of this story is when Stephanie and Clea found out when they were pregnant. Stephanie announced she was expecting last June on a girls day trip to a race. In Stephanie's words, Clea "had an unusually subdued reaction." Later that day when they got back home, Clea called Stephanie and said she was expecting too! She and her husband had been trying for a while (and had not been advertising that fact) and had had a negative test recently so thought she wasn't pregnant. She decided to take one more test after she heard Stephanie's news and it was positive!
Stephanie and Clea have both been awesome role models for me in the running world, and now I cannot wait to follow their stories as the awesome moms I know they will be!
Comments
Thanks for the post and the kind words. Amelia and Jasper can't wait to meet you. Hang in there on the running. As you know, it has its ups and downs. Sounds like you are going through a tough time, but there will be another side. We enjoy reading about your adventures!