In my family, we do not tell each other "I Love You" nearly enough...as in pretty much never. I am not sure why that is, but it has kind of always been that way. I guess we all just assume the others know we love them, and we do, but it is just never really said.
Starting in 2001, September 11 has become my own little "I Love You Day" on which I make sure to tell my family and friends that I love them. Yes, I know once a year is 364+ times less than some people say/hear it, but it is a start.
Yes, something absolutely awful happened eight years ago today. Something that I still cannot fathom or even begin to grasp my thoughts around. My goal with "I Love You Day" is not to take away from what happened, but to show honor and respect for the victims and families of that day in my own tiny little way.
So, because love is meant to be spread, consider taking two seconds of your day today and every I Love You Day to tell someone close to you how you feel. It can be as simple as an email, text, or phone call. I challenge you to reach out to someone you have not "connected" with or "loved" in a while and share your feelings.
If nothing else, maybe even just a few people can have a bit of a happier day today because of what happened eight years ago.
Starting in 2001, September 11 has become my own little "I Love You Day" on which I make sure to tell my family and friends that I love them. Yes, I know once a year is 364+ times less than some people say/hear it, but it is a start.
Yes, something absolutely awful happened eight years ago today. Something that I still cannot fathom or even begin to grasp my thoughts around. My goal with "I Love You Day" is not to take away from what happened, but to show honor and respect for the victims and families of that day in my own tiny little way.
So, because love is meant to be spread, consider taking two seconds of your day today and every I Love You Day to tell someone close to you how you feel. It can be as simple as an email, text, or phone call. I challenge you to reach out to someone you have not "connected" with or "loved" in a while and share your feelings.
If nothing else, maybe even just a few people can have a bit of a happier day today because of what happened eight years ago.
Comments