Ugh. I think I'm finally facing the post-Ironman blues. I miss everyone. I miss planning the weekend training events and I miss planning our group social events. I always had something to look forward to. Most of our group put some aspect of their life "on hold" to do Ironman and looked forward to getting back to that part of life once the race was over. They put husbands, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, friends, and family on hold. The only thing I put on hold to train for Ironman was cleaning my apartment. I feel like everyone had something to "go back to" after the race, yet I just came back to my teddy bear whose head is about to fall off. Oh, and apparently I came back to food too since I managed to gain 6 lbs in 6 weeks. I'm feeling pretty lost right now and am not sure where to go from here. Normally I don't feel very lonely, but I do right now. Hopefully this will pass soon.
This is what I wrote and secretly put under everyone's doors tonight: The big day is almost here! Long it will be, but have no fear. You have put in miles and miles And will finish amidst numerous smiles. The hard work is over and done. Now is the time for nothing but fun. May your spirits be high throughout the day, And may nothing come along to stand in your way. Ironman is as much about the journey as the destination, And you will be rewarded for all of your determination. Hand-in-hand we will all jump in, Eagerly treading water as we wait to begin. At 7am the cannon will blast But be sure not to go out too fast. The cool water will run over your face, As you are now committed to the race. The Rural Bridge will seem so far away But keep those negative thoughts at bay. Once you turn around and head west To the Mill Ave. Bridge you go, trying your best. 2.4 miles will be over before you know it, And you will start to realize your thoughts of Iron are truly legit. On to the bike, f...
Comments
Want to join us???
Or you could perfect your yoga, learn to cook, help me with the kid's triathlon...