Ouch! Yesterday I let lovely Cheryl Francisco (my masseuse) work exclusively on my buthigh for 30 minutes. Now I can hardly sit down on it! My buthigh (basically where you hamstring and glute meet) started bothering me a bit Sunday towards the very end of our ride. I then went to spin class on Monday night, even though I shouldn't have. I was in a bad mood and exercising always helps, but it didn't so much help my buthigh's mood. So, being the good little triathlete, I took Tuesday and Wednesday completely off. Yesterday I had a great swim in the morning and a decent run around the park last night. The buthigh has not gotten any worse, and if this is as bad as it is going to be, I could live with it forever. I just don't know a lot about buthigh's and don't want to cause any more problems. I have been sitting on ice and heat all week (my co-workers don't even ask questions anymore), and there seems to be some decent improvement. Today is another off day and so far, I'm going to proceed as planned for the weekend. That includes running the Rodeo Run 10k with extra miles and biking around 100 on Sunday.
This is what I wrote and secretly put under everyone's doors tonight: The big day is almost here! Long it will be, but have no fear. You have put in miles and miles And will finish amidst numerous smiles. The hard work is over and done. Now is the time for nothing but fun. May your spirits be high throughout the day, And may nothing come along to stand in your way. Ironman is as much about the journey as the destination, And you will be rewarded for all of your determination. Hand-in-hand we will all jump in, Eagerly treading water as we wait to begin. At 7am the cannon will blast But be sure not to go out too fast. The cool water will run over your face, As you are now committed to the race. The Rural Bridge will seem so far away But keep those negative thoughts at bay. Once you turn around and head west To the Mill Ave. Bridge you go, trying your best. 2.4 miles will be over before you know it, And you will start to realize your thoughts of Iron are truly legit. On to the bike, f...
Comments
Give 'em hell at the Rodeo Run.
In my drunken stupor to run up and claim my roll down spot to Clearwater, I tripped over some people and a cocktail table and bruised up my leg pretty hard. The Traumeel keep the swelling down and my thigh did not turn as purple as a spot that I missed on the the side of my upper calf.
Give it shot. It is about $8 a tube and worth it.