...well for 48 hours at least. I'm officially overtrained and officially not surprised (am I the first to mention that triathletes are stubborn and we all think we are invincible?). How do I know this? I can barely hold my head up and nothing edible is safe anywhere around me. Other symptoms of overtraining include inability to sleep and being emotional. Hmm....yes, that sounds familiar as well (see post above). I also know this because I ran at the park last night on an absolutely beautiful evening. It was 75 degrees without a cloud in the sky and basically no humidity. We get about 3 of these days a year in Houston, yet I did not appreciate it. I couldn't even muster up a 3 mile loop around the park and ended up walking the last half of it. There is no way I could have made it through my planned 1 hour of riding and then 4 mile run. I did swim this morning and that went pretty well, but I'm hanging up the workout gear for a solid 48 hours (I know...watch out!) until I ride Saturday morning. I also plan to shamelessly draft on my 70 mile ride and eat all the cookies I want at each rest stop (I do miss some parts of MS150 training!). I want my run on Sunday to go well, so I'm going to make sure I eat something substantial as soon as I'm off the bike on Saturday. I'm also swimming at Twin Lakes Saturday afternoon and hopefully the frigid water will help my legs recover as well. I'm down to just taking it one day at a time now and don't need to do anything else to kill myself.
This is what I wrote and secretly put under everyone's doors tonight: The big day is almost here! Long it will be, but have no fear. You have put in miles and miles And will finish amidst numerous smiles. The hard work is over and done. Now is the time for nothing but fun. May your spirits be high throughout the day, And may nothing come along to stand in your way. Ironman is as much about the journey as the destination, And you will be rewarded for all of your determination. Hand-in-hand we will all jump in, Eagerly treading water as we wait to begin. At 7am the cannon will blast But be sure not to go out too fast. The cool water will run over your face, As you are now committed to the race. The Rural Bridge will seem so far away But keep those negative thoughts at bay. Once you turn around and head west To the Mill Ave. Bridge you go, trying your best. 2.4 miles will be over before you know it, And you will start to realize your thoughts of Iron are truly legit. On to the bike, f...
Comments